Try this refreshing, hunger smashing smoothie!
- - Blackcurrants: Blackcurrants have a high concentration of anthocyanins,polyphenolic substances, antioxidants, vitamin C and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). People take blackcurrant to help their: blood flow, immune system, eye health, gut health, and kidney health.
- - Mango: Mango is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fibre, and is a great source of vitamins A and C. It also contains folate, B6, iron and a little calcium, zinc and vitamin E.
- - Strawberries: Eating foods such as strawberries, grapes, watermelon, and cantaloupe that are high in water content and fiber can help hydrate the body and maintain regular bowel movements. Fiber is essential for minimizing constipation and adding bulk to the stool.
- - Beet Greens: Beet greens are nutritious as they are rich in Vitamin K, copper, manganese, iron and calcium, but they are great for maintaining a healthy weight, as they contain zero saturated fat and cholesterol.
- - Almond Milk: One cup of almond milk contains only 60 calories, as opposed to 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in 2 percent, 102 calories in 1 percent, and 86 calories in skim. It makes for a great substitute that will help you lose or maintain your current weight.
1/2 Cup - Black Currant
1/2 Cup - Mango
4 - Strawberries
1 Cup - Beet Greens
1/2 Cup - Almond Milk
Blend ingredients in a blender for 1-2 minutes, and enjoy. If you are unable to finish the smoothies refridgerate the left-overs.
Photo Credit: @thesmothieguy
Ready to get started?
|**********Take our Body Type Quiz:*********||**********Check out our Success Stories:**********|