Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe – perfect juicy grilled chicken, grilled corn off the cob, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and onion make for a delicious summer salad! Simple oil and vinegar dressing is the perfect finishing touch. This salad can be made using any grilled meat: shrimp, pork or beef kabobs, salmon, etc. All of the salad ingredients are perfect to complement any choice of meat. If you don’t have fresh corn on the cob that can be grilled, use canned or frozen (and thawed before using) and stir in with the rest of the salad ingredients.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- Grilled chicken – juicy and flavorful grilled chicken breast that was marinated and cooked on the grill. Once done and it had time to rest (that prevents the juices to escape if you slice it too soon), slice the chicken breast thinly and arrange on top of the salad.
- Grilled corn on the cob – easy way to prepare corn on the cob for a summer dinner, is to pull the husks away from the corn, but don’t cut them off. Brush corn with garlic butter and place on grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed so all sides are cooked. No aluminum foil needed! I recommend cooking the corn first, then the chicken. While chicken is cooking, you will have enough time to cool the corn so it’s safe to handle, cut off the kernels and place in a salad bowl.
- Lettuce, tomatoes, onion, avocado – classic salad ingredients is all we need here. Avocado is a plus, but feel free to skip it and add a vegetable of your choice.
SIMPLE OIL AND VINEGAR DRESSING
Sometimes you want the ingredients to really shine in your salad, like the grilled chicken and corn here, so you don’t need a powerful dressing. A simple mix of vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and seasoning is all you need. You can of course use any dressing you want as long as it will go well the flavors here.
Servings: 4 People
Calories: 289 kcal
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 2 corn on the cobs grilled (see note)
- 1 avocado
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion and avocado.
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs and add to salad. Toss gently together.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Slice or chop grilled chicken breasts.
- Place salad on serving plates. Arrange half of sliced grilled chicken breast on top of the salad, on each serving.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes: To make grilled corn on the cob - pull away husks and remove silky strings from corn. Brush corn with melted butter mixed with minced garlic. Place on medium hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed to all sides are cooked. Remove onto a plate and let cool until ready to handle. You can use canned corn or frozen and thawed corn kernels in place of grilled corn.
Ready to get started?
Take our Body Type Quiz:
Check out our Success Stories:
Ready to Purchase?:
New! 90 Day Fitness/Meal Plan:*****
Article/Recepie Credit: https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/grilled-chicken-salad/