DESCRIPTION:Healthy Chicken Parmesan that is crispy, cheesy, saucy, and served over zucchini noodles. So easy and extremely delicious!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (season to perfered taste)
- salt and pepper (season to prefered taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups DeLallo Creamy Vodka tomato sauce (or any tomato sauce – but that vodka sauce is delish)
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Zoodles or any type of Healthy Noodles (links will be provided below)
- Mozzarella Cheese (or your fave Cheese Blend)
Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the breadcrumbs, panko, and Parmesan in a shallow dish with the Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
Fry: Cut the chicken breasts into a total of four pieces (for example, if there are two breasts, cut each in half – pound them a little thinner and wider if you want) and dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs so that they stick all over the surface of the chicken. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want the outside to be golden brown – the inside can finish cooking in the oven.
Bake: Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the sauce and place of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven for a few more minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
Finish: While the chicken finishes, cut the zucchini into thin shreds or use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Serve the chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Healthy Noodle Alternatives:
Veggie Pasta - https://www.target.com/p/veggie-spaghetti-pasta-12oz-barilla
Whole Wheat Pasta - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Whole-Wheat-Spaghetti-16-oz/
Recipe /Photo Credit: https://pinchofyum.com/20-minute-healthy-chicken-parmesan
Take our Body
Check out our
|Ready to Purchase?:|